Explore the hamlets of Shirakawa-go, Hida Furukawa and the famous Takayama on our 9-hour package tour with access to a private vehicle exclusively for you and your fellow travelers. Our English-speaking driver will take you first to the World Heritage site of Shirakawa-go followed by Hida-Furukawa and Takayama. Returning to Kanazawa.
- We will collect you from your Hotel or chosen location in Kanazawa at 09:00 in the morning (This is open to change if you wish to go earlier or later)
- Our English speaking driver will take you directly to the UNESCO village of Shirakawa-go. Crossing the spectacular pedestrian bridge above the Sho river, your senses will be filled with the sounds and smells of authentic rural life. This fairy tale village is bound to inspire you as one of Japans most picturesque sites. You will spend 2 hours here, exploring the town and taking in lunch.
- You will then be whisked off to the enchanting canal lined streets of Hida-Furukawa. This beautiful village is often missed by tourists but is by far one of the most intriguing little towns in the Hida region. Once famous for its architecture and carpentry this little town is now home to thousands of resplendent Carp who fill the canals along the Edo era streets*. You will spend an hour here to taking in the sites.
- The Final stretch will be to the world famous town of Takayama, famous for its craftsmanship and rowdy festivals. You will have 2 hours to explore the romantic old town before being whisked back to Kanazawa.
- Our English-speaking driver will bring you back to Kanazawa for 18:00
*The Carp in Hida-Furukawa are removed from end of November to start of April to allow for snow to melt in the canals
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- English Speaking Driver
- Private Car
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
- Professional Tour Guide